- Explain what is meant by the first amendment of the U.S. Constitution.
- How does this impact the press? Does it give the press/media too much power? How does this impact trials and pretrial processes.
- Give a case summary outline(see below) of a constitutional first amendment case that has a major impact on the freedom of the press and explain its significance. You can find this via a TU Library search. It is your choice of case.
- Give the case summary format below of Rummel v. Estelle, 445 U.S. 263 (1980). What is its significance?
Give case number/year, then:
- FACTS: 2-3 sentences summarizing the important facts.
- ISSUE: Usually there is only one issue in a case. It generally asks a constitutional question or raises a constitutional issue and set out why a case is important.
- HOLDING: The holding generally answers the constitutional question raised or addresses the issue raised.
- REASONING: (The most difficult part of the brief.) Explain why the court held or decided the way it did. It should be approximately 4 sentences.
- CASE SIGNIFICANCE: 3+ sentences which will include the impact on law enforcement or corrections personnel.
YOU CAN ALSO PLACE OTHER SIMILAR ORDERS ON OUR WEBSITE AND GET AMAZING DISCOUNTS!!!