1. What were the important changes to immigration from 1900 to 1939?
2. What changes in laws affected immigrants?
3. What opportunities were available to immigrants?
4. How did others who were living in the United States view immigrants?
5. From there, interact with the class about the different positions and perspectives. What do you agree with about the positions taken regarding the legal changes? What do you disagree with?
6. Does what others have said about the changes from 1900 to 1939 inform your current understanding of immigration? If so, how? If not, why not?